Saturday, September 27, 2008

I have never been at such a high and low at the same time....

I just wanted to quick blog because I am in between emotions so much right now.  Brewers LOSE and Badgers LOSE!!!!!!!!!

I am at an all-time low because the Brewers just lost to the Cubs. I know you want to hear about Big Ten Football, but I need to vent.  The Crew has one more game to prove they deserve the NL Wild Card.  If they won today, they would have been in the perfect position for tomorrow.  They were ahead of the Mets for the wild card by one game, but now they are tied after the Mets won.  I was going back and forth between the Badger game and the Brewers game and about a half hour ago I couldn't have been happier.

At one point in the Brewers game, Prince Fielder's hit should have been a fly out, but the shortstop dropped it (hilarious) bringing the game to 4-3 Cubs.  Then I switched back to the Badger game....Michigan had just scored brining the score to 27-19, Michigan.  My day was at an all-time high since the Hawkeyes lost.  

Moral of this post, the Crew ended up choking, losing to the Cubs 7-3.  AND SINCE WHEN DOES KOSUKE FUKUDOME WIN IT FOR THE CUBS?  There is potential to say he is the worst batter on the entire team, and then he comes out of no where hitting a two-run homerun?! Obscene.  

The only thing that is keeping me going right now is the fact that NUMBER NINE Wisconsin LOST to Michigan.  When Wisconsin scored the touchdown in the final minute of the game, I started to believe there was no point in being a sports fan.  But when a flag was called against an in-eligible receiver for the 2 point conversion, I knew there was a god.  The sight of Bret Bielema's face after the "successful" conversion hasn't made me so upset since the Packers lost against the Giants.  But then the light shined when the flag was called.  

 I haven't had such stressful sporting experiences in the same half hour as today, so I needed to vent.   I am so happy the Badgers lost, but PLEASE send your positive energy to the Brewers tomorrow, PLEASE!!!!!!

5 comments:

uisjmc mcnace said...

Although I don't share the same feelings for the Brew Crew I could not agree more with you on the Badgers. Only thing that would have made it better would be if it happened in Iowa City and against the Hawks.

However with today's Big Ten football games I am beginning to think that maybe the entire conference is down this year. I feel that this year, 1-11, any team could win on a given week.

uisjmc mitchell said...

Although I was attempting to take a nap, I decided to leave my TV on with the Wisco/Michigan game on (which appeared all but over at the half) and I found myself laughing when I heard Wisco blowing it. Aside from Penn State, the Big Ten is truly pathetic. That just makes Pat Fitzgerald's comment today during his press conference about the Big Ten being the best conference in the country just absurd. If anyone thinks that, they need to be checked into the nearest asylum. The conference may be balanced, but it is balanced with average teams at best.

As for your Brewers...I'm still unsure who I want the Cubs to play -- the Dodgers or Mets. The Dodgers can at least pitch and the Mets have no pen, but the Mets can score and the Dodgers only have Manny. I guess it really doesn't matter because the Cubs are far superior to either. Their "we don't care cause we're in" lineup is also apparently far superior than the Brewers everyday lineup. I'm sorry but I laugh at the Crew's misfortunes right now. If they lose to Angel Guzman tomorrow with CC on the hill, they deserve to be sitting at home crying later this week. R.I.P. Brew Crew

uisjmc Cabalka said...

Oh Josh....I completely agree with your first arguments about the Big Ten....our conference is just awful.

I am unable to comment about your Brewers hatred right now because I just saw the Cubs just walk in a run..........

uisjmc mitchell said...

Yeah I don't know what to say about that run. I just kept yelling "throw a ####### strike!" I nearly broke my TV after Braun's HR, but then I remembered it's an HD and I don't have the money to replace it. Howry literally gave the Brewers the Wild Card with that pitch. It was right down the middle! ANYONE could've hit that thing out! It was like watching a professional hit a ball off a tee.

So now that the Brewers are in (I guess I have to come to that realization), how long is their run going to last? They could easily be swept. CC won't pitch until game 2...on 3 days rest AGAIN! (Someone needs to tell him he doesn't play softball) He'll be pitching in a hitters park so he WILL give up some runs. And rumor has it that Sheets threw his last pitch as a Brewer on Saturday. Ouch! I guess that one-two punch in the postseason is gone. Have fun watching your bullpen get lit up by that Phillies offense.

Aside from all that, I did find it interesting that the Brewers actually had a home game against the Cubs in Miller Park. Congratulations Milwaukee! You finally out-numbered Cubs fans.

Eric Van Dril said...

HD TV.

Nice.

Cubs fans better be terrified of the Brewers if/when they meet in the playoffs. Think 2001 playoffs when Schilling and the Big Unit dominated everyone.

Suppan was also fantastic with the Cardinals in 2006.