Monday, September 8, 2008

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME (REAL) FOOTBALLLLL

My projections for week 3:

1.  Iowa State at. Iowa: Iowa.    
2.  Florida Atlantic at Michigan State: Michigan State.  
3.  Louisiana-Lafayette at Illinois:  Illinois. 
4.  Southern Illinois at Northwestern: Southern Illinois
5.  Montana State at Minnesota: Minnesota
6.  Oregon at Purdue: Oregon
7.  Penn State at Syracuse: Penn State
8.  Michigan at Notre Dame: Michigan
9.  Ohio State at USC:  USC
10. Wisconsin at Fresno State: Fresno State


What I want to see Happen:
1. I want Wisconsin to get it handed to them.
2. Of course I want to see Iowa embarrass Iowa State in our lovely in-state rivalry.
3. I want Penn State to beat Syracuse because I am sick of Syracuse and their successful seasons.
4. I just really want Notre Dame to lose after all the hype about how they had a horrible season last year 
but this year they're going to have a comeback season. But I'm also torn because I hate Michigan.
5. As much as I don't think it will happen, I would like Beanie Wells and Ohio State to beat USC just because
it would be a huge upset.








What to watch for:
1. Obviously everyone is going to be watching the OSU/USC game but I'm definitely excited to see either 1) how good Ohio State really is or 2) how overrated/bad Ohio State really is.
2. How Ricky Stanzi holds it down against ISU. He has shown the past 2 games that he can maintain composure, but will it be the same situation against University of Iowa's greatest rivalry? Today in interviews, Stanzi did say that he remembers being at the game last year, remembers the environment and is prepared for what is to come.
3. The second place spot in the Big Ten is really questionable right now. I think some are thinking it is most likely Wisconsin, but Penn State is either right behind them or maybe just a little bit better. Questions will be answered inweek 3 after we start seeing more stable trends.  


Megan's Big Ten Rankings:
1. Ohio State
2. Penn State
3. Wisconsin
4. Illinois
5. Iowa (I'm taking a risk here)
6. Michigan State
7. Michigan
8. Northwestern
9. Indiana
10. Purdue
11. Minnesota

1 comment:

Brendan Stiles said...

I just got to say that I agree with your minor upset pick there of Southern Illinois beating Northwestern. The Wildcats have not really looked that impressive in their two wins.