Friday, October 3, 2008

Cabalka's Weekly Predictions

Alright, I have to make this brief--I'm leaving for Michigan State in a half hour!!!! :)

Iowa vs. Michigan St: 
We're going to have a hard time stopping Javon Ringer--he's unreal.  But I think our d-line will do a pretty good job stopping him, but not enough to win it.  I'm giving this one to Michigan State unfortunately...

Ohio St. vs. Wisconsin:
Beanie Wells is back in full force, we've got a great running back match up here: Beanie vs. P.J. Hills.  But I'm giving this game to Ohio State, I think they will come back and regain power in the Big Ten. I do think it will be a close one with the game being AT Wisco...

Michigan vs. Illinois:
This is a tough one.  It's AT Michigan but Illinois is pretty solid with QB Juice Williams.   But Michigan has a lot of momentum after their big victory over the Badgers.  I really have no idea about this but I'll say Illinois.

Penn State vs. Purdue:
Penn State, hands down.  I think it will be a blow out, JoePa and his Nittany Lions are in a well deserved 6th place ranking...and I don't think they'll blow that like the Badgers did. 

Indiana vs. Minnesota:
I say Minnesota.  Game is AT Minn, so they have a chance to beat down on already struggling Indiana.  Indiana is just in a slump right now and I don't think they'll win against Minnesota on the road.  


I'll be back blogging on Sunday--I'll tell you all about how Javon Ringer beats us up...I'll have a good view covering the game on the field! :)


2 comments:

uisjmc prieboy said...

Congrats on being perfect with your picks. Although Javon Ringer did not dominate the Hawkeyes which was pretty surprising. Once again the lack of offense and its ability to finish haunts the Hawkeyes. Not sure what they can do to change things because the defense is solid and proved it by holding Javon Ringer down for a whole game.

uisjmc Cabalka said...

I agree--we just need to get rid of those turnovers. I mean seriously, the first drive on the, what, 5 yard line we fumble the ball?? We should have had the lead the entire game...so upsetting.