Saturday, October 25, 2008

JoePa will you be my boyfriend..or at least my grandpa?

The Ohio State/Penn State kick off is happening as I type.  I am so excited!  I want to blog quickly and put in my predictions.  

I may have too much confidence in Penn State, but I really don't find it possible for Ohio State to beat them tonight.  Don't get me wrong, Ohio State is gonna bring it-- I just think Penn State is a better team overall.  

Terrelle Pryor told the coach if he doesn't have a good first three snaps, he wants Tressel to bench him?  Huh???  But he is good under pressure and definitely doesn't look like a freshman QB.  I'll give him that.  

But Daryll Clark is averaging 152.7 ypg....that's a pretty damn good average.  

But let's think about this factually:

Penn State is 8-0 and ranked 3rd in BCS standings.  They have won all eight games by 14 points or more.  Plus Adam Rittenberg's blog says they are ranked among the top 25 nationally in rushing offense, total offense, scoring offense, rushing defense, total defense, scoring defense......breath....pass defense, turnover margin, and kickoff returns. Woah mouthful.  

Ohio State is 7-1 and 9th in BCS standings.  Beanie Wells is back and almost completely healthy.  And history is on Ohio State's side: this is the first time Penn State has been favored in their annual matchup since 1999 and overall, Penn State has won just nine of 29 meetings between the two. 

The match up between the two RB's, Wells and Evan Royster will be interesting.  Royster averages 7.7 ypc and 111.6 ypg.  

This is going to be an interesting and intense game.  Grab a beer and enjoy.  My bet's on Penn State.

4 comments:

uisjmc jaffe said...

I'm glad PSU was able to hang on. Because before this gm I had the bad feeling that OSU was gonna win this gm ruining either the appeal of Iowa facing PSU or ruining col fb by knocking the Lions outta natl title contention. But the D came to play and now we should have a good one at Kinnick in a couple of wks.

uisjmc nagel said...

I just hope we don't come out flat against PSU ala Ohio State '06.

Lots of hype for that game but it was all bark and no bite.

Hopefully this team brings a lot more bite with them when they face Penn State.

If Greene does what other teams have failed to do against Penn State then I don't see how he can be denied Heisman looks.


P.S. Joe Pa rules! My favorite image of him was chasing down the referees after the 2002 PSU-Iowa game (which we won of course :D).
I've never seen a 70+ year old man run so determined before LOL.

uisjmc Cabalka said...

Haha I know! Did you guys see the commercial or whatever it was about Penn State and JoePa right before the game? It was so adorable and just made me love him even more. I tried to find it on Youtube but I can't!

uisjmc Cabalka said...

TIMEOUT I FOUND IT!