Tuesday, October 14, 2008

THE MOST AWAITED GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

This game is my Christmas, my birthday, my Fourth of July...the best sporting event of the year!!! I countdown to this game every year; the day after the game is over, I'm ready for the following years' game.  
IT'S THE WISCONSIN/IOWA GAME

If you see me Saturday morning, afternoon, or night, I will be proudly sporting my dad's 1972 #36 football jersey.  And I will probably be surrounded by a sea of red, which is quite unfortunate.  

In this post, I'm going to be brutally honest and I'm not going to hold back on my true feelings.  

TOP TEN REASONS TO HATE THE WISCONSIN BADGER FOOTBALL TEAM: 

10.  Bret Bielema is disgusting.  The rumors about him hooking up with Erin Andrews are revolting because she has too much class for him.

9.  Barry Alvarez is one of the  most cocky people I have ever met.  He seems nice on the exterior, but inside all he does is crave money and power.  Since he became the AD at Madison, he was put in charge of University Ridge, the golf course outside of Madison for the UW.  When he came in, he fired all the employees that had worked there for over 15 years.  He wanted to make things his way, bring in his employees and his friends.  Whenever he plays golf there, he has no courtesy for people behind him or the pace of his play.  He disgusts me more than Bielema.  

8. P.J. Hill is all talk.  He thinks he is awesome and this season, he really doesn't have much to show for it.  He was expected to be this big man on campus, improving every season.  But after he bruised his leg last year, his injuries have (maybe) kept him down?  His Freshman year he ran 1569 yards, declined to 1212 his sophomore year, and this year he is only projected to run 1140 yards--that's almost 400 less than Shonn Greene...HA.  Olin Buchanan but him on his Heisman ballot in the beginning of the season--what a joke.  We made a bet a few months ago and he still owes me $20 if they lose--I think I got under his skin.  

7.  I know I already mentioned Bielema, but what a traitor.  He played for Iowa and then coached at Iowa from 1999-2001.  Traitor.  PLUS--he has a Tiger Hawk tattoo! (Alvarez also coached at Iowa--what is it with these Wisconsin coaches loving Iowa??)

6.  They have our damn Heartland Trophy!!

5.  Wisconsin fans think the Badgers are so much better than the Hawks because they have one the last two meetings--but they seem to forget about the previous four--IN WHICH IOWA WON.  












4.  I just thought I would throw this one in there to rub something in: We kicked Wisconsin butt three years ago (20-10), taking the victory for Barry Alvarez's last home game of his career.  PRECIOUS. 

3.  Wisconsin leads our all-time series, 41-40-2.  What a fluke. 

2.  I hate that Wisconsin home games are so fun.  Not going to lie, that stadium is my favorite college football stadium.  And I hate that they have the "Jump Around" tradition after the third quarter.  We only have I-O-W-A.  I think that makes me a little hostile. 



.numberone.  It's wisconsin football.  This is the team I was raised to hate.  This is the game I was raised to anticipate.  This is the game I bet on all year, and this is the game that makes me MOST emotional.  

I will be a wreck on Saturday--win or lose.  I don't know if you want to see me.  

8 comments:

uisjmc mcnace said...

Quite possibly one of the bests posts I have read recently. I love the brutal honesty you express! I have to say the best part about Wisconsin fans is that they think they are better than Iowa but they forget their football team and athletic program are both run by Hawkeyes. As Jim Zabel would say "I love it I love it I love it!" GO HAWKS!

uisjmc mitchell said...

Agreed mcnace. I love it. This post is great, especially heading into this slugfest. That record should be evened up after Saturday. It wouldn't even be close if it weren't for those two traitors. They know how to beat us cause they coached here! Still...being sixth row, 35-yard line and rushing the field after our 30-7 shalacking over #9 Wisco in 2004 to earn a share of the Big Ten championship is by far the best memory I've had here. Simply amazing. LET'S GO TAKE OUR BRASS BULL BACK!

uisjmc Cabalka said...

I AM LOVING THE ENTHUSIASM HERE! :) Man you guys make me proud. I'M GETTING SO EXCITED!

BC said...

Speaking to #10 - Is it true that Beilema has a clause in his contract that bans him from going to Madison bars? A UW friend of mine told me that there was, because of Beilema's affinity for college girls.

Seriously, the head football coach banned from bars in the town where's he's supposed to be the big cheese (no pun intended)?

Charlie Weis never has a problem with being too desirable to the ND co-eds.

uisjmc pawola said...

There's nothing wrong with dating younger women...haha, give the guy a break!

UISJMC Chiakulas said...

Bielema really does like college girls? Wow, isn't he like 38?

Anyway Cabalka I just think it's funny how you LOVE Badger basketball but HATE Badger football.

I didn't know that was possible.

In response to BC's comment, the reason Charlie Weis doesn't have an issue with co-eds is because he's a little bit larger than life.

uisjmc prieboy said...

This post was great and I loved reading it because you do know a lot about both sides. It makes me laugh how honest you are. On a side note the only reason you should be in a wreck after the game is because of a long night after a Hawkeye win.

uisjmc Cabalka said...

BC: I've never heard that but I wouldn't doubt it--like I said, he's disgusting!

Greg: Badger basketball is just as awesome as the Brewers, if not better...get ready for bball season where I'll be lovin' on them everyday :)

Prieboy: Don't jinx us! That makes me nervous. But even my friends from home are saying they're going to lose! :)