Monday, October 20, 2008

The Aftermath.....

What a weekend.  Sorry I'm getting to you so late--I guess I was still recovering.  

OK.  I O W A K I C K E D W I S C O N S I N ' S B U T T.  NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.
Wait, wait--if you happened to miss it, or just can't get enough of it...



So why do people from Wisconsin still think it's OK to say Iowa sucks? 

 Their response: Well, Wisconsin is horrible this year

This doesn't add up.  I've had about eight people say just about this same thing to me since the game on Saturday.  Even if Iowa isn't the greatest team in the Big Ten, we've proved we're pretty damn good when we don't make stupid mistakes.  We're starting to get into flow of things and everything is starting to click for us.  With four games left, we still have a lot we could prove to everyone.  

But man am I getting sick of all these Badger fans that think everyone should praise the ground they walk on.  It shouldn't happen. It's not going to happen.  

So what did we learn on Saturday?  
-Wisconsin is a bad team this year--no question about it.
-They were overrated (again). 
-They may not (and probably won't) make it to a bowl game.  
-Bret Bielema isn't popular with me here in Iowa...and he isn't too popular in Madtown either....
-The Heartland is back in the hands of the rightful owners.  
So I'm just going to enjoy this moment...and this year.  Because now I have 362 days to rub this victory into every Wisconsin Badgers' face. 

2 comments:

uisjmc mitchell said...

Bret Bielema is a disgrace. I'm not proud to say that he is from home state. He made a brief living off of Alvarez's recruits. In his last 15 games he is 7-8. He can't coach and he obviously can't rectuit.

http://www.firebretbielema.com/

Megan Cabalka said...

I couldn't agree with you more.