Sunday, October 12, 2008

I Have Been Very Bad...

I just wanted to apologize ahead of time, and trust me, I am ashamed...but last night I wore a Jonathan Casillas jersey all over Madison.  But it wasn't my fault! 

I went home for the weekend and I went downtown for the game and so my excuse is that I had to wear something in spirits of the game.  If I owned a Penn State shirt, you can bet I would have been wearing that.  Plus my friends forced me.

But the good news is Wisconsin lost (48-7)!  It is so enjoyable watching the Badgers lose on TV, but it is even better to watch them lose IN Madison so you can rub it in to vulnerable people.  And I love watching Bret Bielema mad-- it's a great site.  I was walking down the streets giving high fives, saying "Go Hawkeyes" and people didn't even make an attempt to talk smack to me (for the most part).  

Things are just going downhill for the Badgers. They went from being ranked 13th in the preseason poll to 11th, 10th, 8th, 9th, 18th, to out of the polls completely.  Does anyone enjoy this as much as me?  They now have the same record as Iowa, which is great going into next week!  The stands were pretty much cleared out halfway through the fourth quarter, fans are just giving up hope.  Their loss to Penn State was their worst since 1989 and are now 0-3 this season in Big Ten play.  
And it's looking like their starting to have some QB trouble, right when our little dilemma finally looks over and we're beginning to be confident with Stanzi.  Allan Evridge had an interception and a fumble and was taken out in the 3rd quarter.  But then when backup Dustin Sherer came in, he threw an interception near the end zone.  He had the same number of turnovers as Evridge, but he completed seven more passes.  Evridge only completed 2 of 10 passes, so it may be looking like Sherer is starting against Iowa.  
I am just loving this time of year...the time when Wisconsin is in a rut and looks pathetic.  I will be having an Iowa/Wisconsin theme in my blog all week next week so GET EXCITED!!!!!

1 comment:

uisjmc mitchell said...

Wearing a Wisco jersey? I don't know whether to be upset with your Iowa loyalty (should have worn an Iowa jersey and said you're ready for next week) or just vomit at the thought of you wearing that God-awful jersey. That's like me going to Champaign and wearing a Juice Williams jersey. It's just not right. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. I'm thoroughly disappointed. You can't give into peer pressure like that.

Aside from my utter disgust, I surely enjoyed the first half of that game, but as a fan of college football I couldn't watch anymore of it. I laughed for awhile and then felt pity for Wisco. It looks like they've hit rock bottom and now we get a crack at them here. Things look good for us, but I still don't know about our undersized D-line against their giant backs. Remember Hill last year? Run for a couple and fall forward all game long. That's all they have to do to make it a long day for us. We have to stack the line and make the QBs beat us. Obviously they can't be trusted.

Oh and you could have worn a white-tee and written a 17 on it in blue. Daryl Clark is just sick. Sad to say it, but he's going to torch us next month.