Wednesday, December 10, 2008

One Sad Day

Today was a sad day in my sporting life.

-The Suns lost--to the Lakers.  This is a big game for Suns fans because it's a division rivalry.  I absolutely hate the Lakers and I hate Kobe Bryant even more.  How disappointing!  Shaq's great-grandmother died so he wasn't able to play in tonight's game.  Hf he was there, we would have taken the W.

-Shonn Greene wasn't invited to New York.  Not like I really expected him to be a finalist for the Heisman, but there was still hope.  Last night and earlier today Todd McShay was talking on ESPN about how he really could be in the race.  I mean seriously, the guy went from no one in the country knowing who he was ....to the best running back in the country.  He had incredible stats, I mean come on!

-The worst: CC. Sabathia received the largest contract ever for a pitcher: 7 years, $161 million deal.  Ok, let's be honest--he wasn't going back to the Brewers but there was always a sliver of hope.  But he has been constantly talking about going back to California where he lives so I thought that's where he'd end up.  I'm temporarily devastated.

3 comments:

uisjmc nagel said...

Well at least Greene won the Doak Walker award. I'd say the bigger snub was Graham Harrell getting left out. He went from frontrunner to out of the race in just a few weeks. That doesn't say a lot about the Heisman selection committee however.

UISJMC Chiakulas said...

CC's gone, Sheet's might be gone, are the Brewers done?

uisjmc mitchell said...

The Brewers ARE DONE and I love saying that. CC is gone. Sheets WILL be gone. Cameron is gone. Rumors are out there about Prince possibly being traded for some young pitching. If not Prince, then who? Braun? Hart? I guess that whole Cubs/Brewers rivalry is gone. The Brewers will be no match for the North Siders next year. The Cubs sweep in North Wrigley WILL happen again. Someone you will be be having deja vu.