Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Distractions That Deter Me From Studying

So I'm sitting here trying to do my homework but I keep getting distracted.  I'm making a list of things that take away from my studying time:

Facebook:  This is an obvious one.  I don't even care about my friend's formal last weekend, yet I feel the need to look at her and pictures of people I don't even know.  

Spring break plans: 6 of us are sitting in my living room figuring out our spring break in FLORIDA!!! I'm ok with this distraction.  

The Hills: I have class Monday nights so I miss this every week.  I haven't watched the last two weeks so I'm catching myself up.

Gossip Girls: Again, I have class on Monday nights and I hear Bart Bass dies! I haven't seen the episode with the funeral and I'm getting impatient!

Food: I can't stop eating.

Sleeping:  I was reading for my women, sport and culture class and fell asleep on the first page. 

Brickbreaker: Addicting.  All I want to do is break my high score.

My roomates:  When I lock myself in my room I can still hear them talk through the walls.  

Checking my email: I haven't gotten an e-mail since about 3 p.m, yet I have checked it about 19 times since then.

AIM: I don't even talk to people, I just check away messages.

Jamie Wagner: my roommate.  She would talk to a wall and be entertained.

ESPN.com: I was continuously checking it for updates on the Wisconsin/Idaho State game.  What a pathetic game by the way. 

Christmas decorating: We decorated our apartment with Christmas lights, holly, garland, cut out snowflakes and hung them on our wall to avoid homework.

Texting: I probably received and sent 500 texts today.

Gretchen's candy: my friend across the hall brought candy over to our apartment to help us study and I have eaten the entire bag. 

My Facebook status: A guy I worked with at my internship this summer went to Marquette.  We had a bet on the Marquette/Badger game on Saturday and I lost.  So now I have to compliment Marquette in my status everyday...trust me it's hard to think of nice things to say.

BTN: So I missed the Badger game tonight because of class but now it's on the Big Ten Network...I'm rewatching it.

Gumby's: I keep adding more.  It's 12:56 a.m. and my roommate and I just ordered "Two-for-Tuesday" Pokey Sticks.   

The list goes on and on...and on.  Annnd on.

Good luck on finals!

No comments: